If you’ve ever found yourself without bread before a big party, chances are, you’ve run to the store for a can of crescent rolls. But if you thought these buttery buns were only good for a before-dinner snack, think again! Their foldable, fillable shape allows for endless culinary creativity. Check out the 18 ideas below and start getting the most out of your canned, flaky pastries. Bon appétit!
1. Use flat rolls as instant, flaky crust. This idea is perfect for breakfast pizza.
2. Speaking of ‘za, wrap pepperoni and cheese inside for homemade pizza rolls.
These are so much tastier than store-bought pizza rolls.
3. Instead of making a sandwich with bread, wrap your meat, cheese, and veggies up in a crescent roll.
This one is a spicy Italian sandwich.
4. For an easy dessert, put marshmallows and chocolate in crescent rolls. It’s a fluffy, flaky twist on s’mores.
5. A baked salmon and spinach crescent roll is a healthy, simple dinner.
6. Fill crescent rolls with your favorite canned fruit and dust with brown sugar to make fruit dumplings.
Get the recipe for these peach ones here.
7. Bake up a batch of peanut butter and jelly wraps and keep them in the fridge for fast snacks.
8. For a delicious twist on garlic knots, wrap mozzarella cheese in a crescent roll. Slather them with garlic butter and pop them in the oven.
9. Deep-fry anything without the complicated breading process. Just wrap your ingredients in a crescent roll!
10. For a sweet and savory small package, wrap cream cheese and strawberries in crescent rolls.
11. For easy baked brie, wrap the cheese in crescent rolls.
12. You can make everything, including crescent rolls, better with chocolate.
13. Fill crescent rolls with cream cheese and crab for fluffy wontons.
14. Mix together cheese, a can of creamy soup, and pieces of chicken breast. Put the mixture in crescent rolls for super-moist chicken poppers.
15. Bake crescent rolls in a muffin tin or ramekin for adorable bread bowls.
16. Chicken + barbecue sauce + crescent rolls = portable barbecue sandwiches.
17. Make tiny apple pies inside of crescent rolls.
Get the recipe here.
18. Upgrade pigs in a blanket by coating them in cheese and herbs.
These ones are nacho cheese-flavored.
Those creamy chicken crescent rolls look so delicious, I’m drooling all over my keyboard as I type this. My busy schedule doesn’t allow for much time in the kitchen, but these recipes are so easy, I could whip them up in 20 minutes. Which will you try first?