Food processors are one of the most versatile kitchen appliances. Unlike a blender, it doesn’t require any liquid to chop up its contents, which means you can grate up pretty much anything. If you don’t have a food processor already, you’ll definitely want one once you see the 20 amazing ways you can use it below. From the main course to healthy desserts, it’s incredible how much one appliance can do!
1. Make your own customized tomato sauce with a food processor.
Get this recipe here.
2. Make the perfect pie crust.
See how it’s done here.
3. Whip up all-natural baby food.
Just throw in some clean, fresh produce and blend.
4. Shred potatoes faster than ever before.
5. A food processor can also slice potatoes at the speed of light.
6. Put tomatoes, peppers, and herbs into a food processor for fresh salsa.
7. Make a smooth and creamy pesto sauce.
Get the recipe here.
8. Make your own peanut butter with only one ingredient — peanuts.
9. You can do the same thing with any other nut, like almonds.
10. Mix up fresh pasta dough in a food processor.
11. Turn oats into flour by throwing them into a food processor.
12. With a food processor, you can make your own ground beef in a flash.
13. Skip the condiment aisle and make your own mayonnaise.
Read the recipe here.
14. With a little bit of garlic and a can of chick peas, you can make fresh hummus at home.
15. For perfect cheesecake crust, finely crush graham crackers in a food processor.
After they are ground up, add warm butter and the mix into your pan.
16. Make perfect, moist falafel with a food processor.
Read the recipe here.
17. Chop up carrots for salads or carrot cake.
18. All you need to make your own butter is two cups of heavy whipping cream.
Read the simple tutorial here.
19. Stale bread? Throw it in a food processor and make bread crumbs.
20. Put watermelon (or any other fruit) in your food processor for light, fluffy sorbet.
This recipe is a healthy alternative to ice cream.
Falafel is one of my favorite foods, but it’s really difficult to make perfectly. I’m going to try the food processor recipe for falafel first, and maybe I’ll have some watermelon sorbet for dessert. Which of these food processor hacks do you want to try first?