Remember the good old days when it was understood that people were just inherently stupid and humanity was devolving without needing any physical proof?
In case you weren’t aware, as technology advances, it seems like our own natural instincts and intelligence have gone right down the drain. And rather than just forgetting about our lapses of judgement and truly stupid acts, instead we choose to let YouTubers and selfie queens influence the way we think and act. But social media influencers aren’t the only ones aiding in turning back the clock on humanity as we know it. Average Joes are all too generous with their social media antics, sharing some truly embarrassing moments for all the world to see.
If you’re one of the lucky few who hasn’t asked “WTF is wrong with people” whilescrolling through your social media accounts, consider this a gift from me to you. These 20 social media posts will make you wonder where it all went wrong.
1. Nothing to see here, just a man walking his pet kangaroo.
2. For all the haters out there, body mutilation isn’t so bad when you can use your earlobes as doggy muzzles.
3. They never taught us this in sex ed class, but apparently cactuses need protection, too.
4. Doesn’t everyone show off their extensive gun collection and guitars in their underwear?
5. They say you are what you eat. Apparently the same thing goes for what you drink.
6. That feeling when you’re into a weird fetish but can’t help but show it off for all your family and friends.
7. So many things wrong with this photo, so little time.
8. If this isn’t a testament to our priorities, I’m not sure what is.
9. His phone isn’t smart and neither is he, but that won’t stop him from trying to take a selfie.
10. Strap yourself in, it’s going to be a bumpy ride.
11. If you can’t tell you opened a pizza box incorrectly, you might need to seek serious help.
12. No fabric, no problem. Just patch up your clothes with a fried egg!
13. So this is how stupidity is spreading from generation to generation.
14. Work harder, not smarter.
15. Americans love grilling as much as apple pie. And when times get tough, they’ll use just about anything to grill up a delicious treat.
16. Would it hurt them to tie a string around a carrot stick?
17. When you’re incapable of growing a mustache, just paint one on….or do this.
18. Starting them out young, I see!
19. Our technology dependence has gone too far.
20. Never forget that we’ll fry just about anything.