There’s more than one way to give your brain a break. Some people meditate, and others curl up with a nice book. I happen to find that doing menial chores really calms me after a hard day. But what if you don’t have any chores to get done?
Luckily, the Internet has an endless stream of mechanical-themed gifs that are oddly satisfying to watch. Here are a few of the best.
1. A wood handshake.
2. This bullet going into a wall.
3. Extreme frisbee golf.
4. “Can” you dig it?
5. I hope there are more stairs than the ones we see here.
6. Oh man. When the metal cools into that nice ring? Perfection.
7. I don’t really know how this happens, but I can’t stop watching.
8. Now that’s what I call a perfect game.
9. How? Just how?
10. Why do I assume every guy who is good at frisbee is from Connecticut?
11. It’s like watching a beautiful sunset, but way better.
12. I realize how provocative this is.
13. I can’t tell if this is gross or not.
14. If Hawkeye was your maid.
15. Nothing’s more satisfying to watch than a heavily tattooed arm with amazing calligraphy skills.
16. Hammer time.
17. I honestly have no idea what this is, but I’m super into it.
18. I need this for my pizza parties.
Feeling relaxed yet? I sure am. No meditative mantra or runner’s high clears my head better than watching a heated steel ball sink into a block of ice. Thanks to these gifs, I think I’m one step closer to enlightenment.