In our youth, many of us experienced delight in making shadow puppets with our friends, acting out whatever our imaginations could come up with.
At the same time, some shadows left us afraid of the dark, fearful that make-believe creatures like the Boogie Man would come and take us in the night. While you probably haven’t thought much about them since you were a kid, shadows can still be downright delightful in adulthood. These 32 creepy, gorgeous, and sometimes odd shadows caught at the perfect time will change your perspective.
1. I always had a sneaking suspicion that giraffes were secretly unicorns.
2. These mountains are just trying to warn hikers of the dangerous cougars inhabiting the area.
3. Something tells me this shadow’s bark is worse than its bite.
4. Honest Abe, is that you?
5. There’s always that one mystery man lurking in the corner.
6. “Hey…I didn’t think I had a cat.”
7. How about you play us a tune?
8. Let us hear you roar!
9. Let this serve as a reminder to always read between the lines.
10. Well, that got dark quickly.
11. Cats and dogs are more alike than you might think.
12. I’ve never seen a shadow quite as friendly as this one.
13. “Is that you, dinner?”
14. Ah, we have a vigilante on our hands I see.
15. Let this exercise machine be a warning that working out is pure evil.
16. When your four-legged friend steps into your photo and makes it even better.
17. I’m pretty sure this creature is what nightmares are made of.
18. Looks like this tree is hiding a deadly secret.
19. I don’t think that squirrel’s gonna find any nuts in there.
20. I mustache you where you got those awesome shades. Okay, that’s funny and all, but you have to see the incredible timing on #21. Head to the next page for more!
21. It was love at first sight…well, sort of.
22. This apartment building is serving up one heck of an optical illusion.
23. This little fella should be a hunting dog. He’ll always point you in the right direction.
24. Sometimes technology gets a little pixilated.
25. Who would have thought hidden within an old shag carpet was a city skyline that would make New York jealous?
26. This shadow calls ’em like he sees ’em.
27. This is some type of Benjamin Button situation.
28. Someone is always watching you from the shadows.
29. As it turns out, this shadow is just as interested in dental hygiene as you are.
30. Did someone forget their dog?
31. That’s awkward.
32. We did evolve from apes, after all.
(via Bored Panda)