If you’ve ever bought or rented a house, you know that the first thing you should do is walk around and get a feel for your surroundings to make sure that everything is in its place.
But something else that I do is look for secret treasures. If you think that’s silly, you should see some of the stuff that people have found in their houses!
1. One Tennessee homeowner found all of these coins hidden in a safe.
2. One man found love letters from a WWI soldier hidden in his wall.
3. This rusty knife was found in the ceiling. That’s a little weird.
4. Someone found over 4,000 game pieces under their floorboards.
5. This person found a creepy briefcase filled with money, silver, and video tapes alongside a note that said “Save Yourself.”
6. A couple found this 50-year-old safe hidden in the wall with $51,000 inside. It also held a bottle of bourbon and a book titled A Guide for the Perplexed by E.F. Schumacher.
7. One man in Utah found giant trash bags full of money and gave them back to the rightful owner.
8. This guy found stained-glass windows hidden behind a brick wall.
9. When this family ripped up a carpet, they found a giant Monopoly board.
10. Someone found a rare Russian doll in their house and sold it at an auction for millions of dollars.
11. A California couple found a bunch of vintage Mexican jewelry in their bathroom.
12. This old comic book was found in a wall. It was then sold at auction for $175,000.
13. Someone found a jar filled with old corn from about 40 years ago.
14. In a secret room, one man found tons of ammunition, guns, and grenades.
15. This homeowner found an entire servants’ kitchen in their basement.
16. These people found a medieval well beneath their floorboards.
17. In Norway, this unsigned Van Gogh was found in an attic.
18. Someone else came across a 23-year-old can of Coke.
19. These people found ancient Mayan murals beneath their home.
20. One couple found 2,000-year-old artifacts under their home.
21. This person found a newspaper from the day after Kennedy was killed.
This is exactly why you should explore your new home after you move in. You never know what kind of treasures you’ll find!