Most people will agree that nothing could ever warrant the murder of another human being.
That being said, there are some that are a crazy cut above the rest. Some reasons killers give for their crimes don’t make sense in the slightest and prove that they are absolutely insane. Whether it was because of a fight over chopsticks or not being thanked for cooking dinner, these murderers had completely ridiculous motives to kill.
1. Armin Meiwes, the “Craigslist Cannibal,” happily obliged when he saw an ad on Craigslist asking for someone to eat them alive.
From the time he was a teenager, Meiwes had the sick dream of eating human flesh, so when Bernd Brandes posted the ad, he jumped at the chance. After the two met up and had sex, Meiwes knocked Brandes out with sleeping pills, painkillers, and booze before filming his murder.He ended up cutting off Brandes’ penis and frying it.He then stabbed him in the neck and proceeded to slice up the rest of his body and eat it.
2. Richard Trenton Chase, “the Vampire of Sacramento,” believed that because Nazis were trying to turn his blood into powder, he had to drink other people’s blood and eat their flesh to survive.
He claimed that they were doing this by hiding poison in his soap dish, and he later said that a “Nazi UFO” was following him.He went on to kill seven people and drink their blood, eating pieces of their bodies later on. After going to prison, Chase also believed that his food was being poisoned.
3. Richard Angelo, “the Angel of Death,” deliberately poisoned the patients he took care of and then “saved” them to look like a hero.
He was a nurse for the Good Samaritan Hospital in Long Island, New York, and didn’t feel appreciated for the work he did.To gain more respect from his colleagues, he gave at least 35 of his patients a drug that made them go into cardiac arrest and then brought them back to life. Unfortunately, 10 of them ended up dying.
4. In 2011, Robert Lyons ruthlessly stabbed his mother to death, all because she wouldn’t buy him Skybox tickets for an Avril Lavigne concert.He was 39 at the time.
5. Dana Sue Gray killed three elderly women in 1994 in order to take their money and support her shopping addiction.
After she murdered them, she took their credit cards to go on shopping sprees, and was finally apprehended after her fourth would-be victim escaped and notified police. She later claimed during questioning that she had found the cards and couldn’t return them because of her addiction, and didn’t seem to care about the women’s fates at all.
6. Ed Gein dug up corpses and killed two women, then used their body parts to make skin chairs, skull bowls, skin lamps, and even a woman suit.Why?Because he was obsessed with his mother.
After she died, he wanted to become her, so he searched for corpses that looked like her and began crafting a woman suit to carry out that fantasy.He obviously lovedthis “work,” because he moved on to creating other household items out of their bodies.
7. Albert Fish raped, tortured, killed, and ate children in the early 1900s, claiming that God told him to do it.
Fish even sent a letter to one of the children’s parents, taunting her with how he murdered her daughter and took nine days to eat her whole body. Disturbingly enough, he had six children himself.He was never believed to have hurt or abused them, but he did make them spank him with a nail-studded paddle.He enjoyed self-harm and stuck many needles into his groin and abdomen.
8. In 1979, 16-year-old Brenda Spencer killed two adults, and wounded 8 children and one police officer at an elementary school, later saying, “I don’t like Mondays.This livens up the day.”
9. Jenelle Potter convinced her boyfriend and dad to shoot a couple that she had been feuding with on Facebook after they unfriended each other.
She claimed that her former friends were harassing her online, but it was later revealed that the 30-year-old had created multiple fake accounts and cyber-bullied herself. Tragically, 36-year-old Billy Payne and 23-year-old Billie Jean Hayworth did not survive the shootings.Their baby was found alive and covered in blood in Hayworth’s arms.
10. John Hinckley Jr. attempted to assassinate Ronald Reagan in 1981 so he could get actress Jodie Foster’s attention.
He became obsessed with Foster after watching her in “Taxi Driver” and began stalking her while she went to college at Yale University.He eventually decided that doing something extremely drastic would catch her eye. Though he didn’t actually kill anyone, he did shoot Reagan in the chest and wound several others. He was released this year from a psychiatric hospital.
11. Sixteen-year-old Joshua Davies beat his girlfriend to death with a rock after his friend jokingly said that he would buy him breakfast if he killed her.
Davies had repeatedly posted on social media sites that he wanted to kill Rebecca Aylward, but his friends thought he was kidding, so they joked back and told him to do it. When he sent a text message to one of his friends asking what the person would do if he actually did murder her, the friend replied and told him that he would pay for breakfast.
12. David Berkowitz, the “Son of Sam,” targeted and killed six New Yorkersin the 1970s, claiming that a demonic dog had told him to do it. He believed his neighbor, Sam, was the Devil and that he had possessed his Labrador retriever to deliver the murderous message.
13. Tan Teck Soon pushed his girlfriend off a 12-story building over an argument about chopsticks and then jumped after her.
The 19-year-old thought that his girlfriend, Chong Kar Yin, wanted to break up with him after they ended their dinner.When they went upstairs to talk in the Bedok Hawker Centre in Singapore, he decided they should die together.He pushed her to her death and jumped shortly after, but he survived.
14. Fergus Glen was mad that his brother didn’t thank him for making dinner, so he used an axe to hack him to death in 2003. The siblings didn’t get along very well, so that small perceived insult was apparently the last straw for the 36-year-old killer.
(via All Day)