After a cold, harsh winter, there’s nothing more satisfying than watching flowers and greenery blossom in your backyard. April showers bring May flowers, and now that those flowers are here, it’s time to step up your gardening game! With the 20 DIY garden ideas below, you can take your garden from drab to fab in no time. The hard part will be deciding which one you’ll try first!
1. Don’t throw away that old tree stump. Turn it into a cool, mini garden instead.
2. Cinder blocks make for a great garden wall, and you can plant even more things inside of them.
3. Plant herbs in old wine boxes for a rustic look.
4. Make stepping stones to add some one-of-a-kind flair to your garden.
Get the tutorial here.
5. Instead of filling up an entire planter with potting soil, stuff the bottom with milk jugs.
6. Make all-natural bug repellant to keep insects from eating your plants.
Get the recipe here.
7. Make cute concrete garden mushrooms.
Learn how to make these here.
8. Make a rain barrel to repurpose water.
It looks complicated, but it’s actually quite simple.
9. You can make a garden fountain out of pretty much anything with these instructions.
10. Turn old tires into cool planters.
11. I’m not sure what these little DIY garden creatures are, but they sure are cute.
Learn how to make your own colony of garden creatures here.
12. Make a vertical garden with tiny planters mounted on a fence.
13. Attract beautiful butterflies to your garden with a special feeder.
Read more about this here.
14. Make a planter and birdbath combo with this simple tutorial.
15. With succulents or seeds, an antique typewriter becomes a unique garden display.
16. You can also plant greenery in old kids’ toys.
17. If you live in an arid climate, this planted water bottle trick will help keep your garden efficiently hydrated.
Read how it works here.
18. Chicken wire and spray paint create these cool garden decorations.
19. Turn vintage glass into light-catching garden decor.
20. This hanging garden table is made from pallets, and it folds up!
Find out how to make it here!
I love the way those garden decorations made of chicken wire and spray paint look. I don’t have a lot of space in my yard to work with, so I’m going to have a hard time narrowing down which ideas I want to try. Which one of these DIY projects inspired you?