There’s nothing quite so disturbing as the legacy of a prolific serial killer. Whatever humanity they had growing up was lost somewhere along the way. Still, despite the atrocities they committed, serial killers have “fans” — there are people the world over that still clamor for pieces of their legacies in the form of signed letters, photographs, and paintings.
In the online world we live in, it’s extremely easy to get your hands on your very own piece of serial killer history thanks to online dealers. Today we’ll take a look at some of the unique serial killer items you can find for sale on Supernaught.com, a true-crime collectables website.
1. A copy of The Stranger Beside Me, which is a book about Ted Bundy. This copy is signed by Bundy and for sale for just $9,995.
2. For just $7,500, you can own this 1977 letter written by Bundy from prison.
3. This windbreaker was owned by serial killer Richard Ramirez, a.k.a. The Night Stalker, while he was in prison.
4. This 1999 Polaroid of Ramirez and his wife visiting him in prison can be yours for just $350.
5. Handwritten Night Stalker letter, anyone? Starting at only $150.
6. This letter was written by psychopath Henry Lee Lucas in 1994 (just $225).
7. This license plate belonged to serial killer John Wayne Gacy. When he was arrested, it was registered to his snowplow.
8. This 1980 postcard was sent by Gacy to his attorney, threatening him over perceived incompetence.
…Well, that’s well-balanced and not at all insane.
9. Jeffrey Dahmer didn’t write much from prison, and the price of his few signed letters for sale shows that. This 1994 signed Valentine’s Day card is currently priced at $4,900.
10. This Dahmer greeting card is currently selling for $5,500.
11. For $75, you can own a brick fragment from Ed Gein’s local hardware store.
Gein abducted his final victim from this store.
12. Even rarer than Dahmer signatures are Gein signatures. This one-page signed letter from Gein is currently retailing for $14,900.
13. Charles Manson has some bizarre pieces of memorabilia out there. Take for example this authentic, unused prison paper towel that he supposedly owned. Just $125.
14. Or this leftover bag of candy that someone bought Manson during a 2002 visit with him in prison. Only $750.
15. Gacy was one of those killers who turned to art when he went to prison. This is one of his creepier pieces. It can be yours for just $1,600.
16. This Son of Sam book is personally notated by the Son of Sam himself, David Berkowitz. Just $265.
I find myself wishing I had the money to buy some of these. Make sure to check out the full collection of items available at Supernaught.com.