You’d have to be stoned to believe that smoking a banana peel would get you high. Some other websites will fraudulently tell you that. However, the following foods aren’t a bunch of things we wished had the power to make us trip after misplacing our ‘shrooms on a camping trip. These are the real deal. NOTE: We don’t actually advise any of you to try and get high with these foods, but that’s not because it won’t work. Also, please don’t. It’s just a terrible idea.
1. Nutmeg – Consuming 4-8 teaspoons of ground nutmeg might make you hallucinate, but will definitely make you feel awful.
2. Sparidae Fish – If you eat the head of a fish from this family, things can get even weirder than they were when you decided to eat a fish head.
3. Chili Peppers – It would have to be extremely hot, but that episode of “The Simpsons” when Homer is lead through a spiritual journey by a coyote with Johnny Cash’s voice might not be that far off.
4. Rye Bread – When moldy, it’s home to a chemical that can make things pretty trippy.
5. Coffee – Did you conveniently forget that caffeine is a drug again?
6. Stilton Cheese – Consuming 20 grams of Stilton might make you see some SHIT. Which is cool, because that’s the minimum amount of cheese I’ll eat in a sitting.
7. Mulberries – Eating unripe mulberries can make you hallucinate. You’ll want to avoid doing that if intense vomiting is something that you’d consider part of a bad trip.
8. Poppy Seed Bagels – You’d have to eat a lot (like, A LOT) but it’s not like bagels are filling or anything.
9. Areca Nuts – Chewing Areca nuts is similar to drinking coffee or doing cocaine (depending on how much you chew).