If you thought Google Maps was just for getting directions, you’re sorely mistaken. Half the fun of Google Maps is using it to explore the world.
Sometimes during the course of that exploration, you come across some really freaky/creepy/terrifying stuff, like these 27 images. Brace yourselves, it’s about to get weird.
1. The broken face on the hillside.
2. Well that’s a creepy thing to write on the roof of a building.
3. Oh. That giant inverted pentagram was must have been created by accident. Yeah that’s probably it.
4. I really hope this is just a Google Maps glitch.
5. I’m seeing double, and I’m very scared.
6. Bird people?
7. Is someone, or something trying to send us a message? I’m freaked out.
8. Oh….Well ok then.
9. Stern looking faces in the wilderness. Seriously. Who did this, and why?
10. Airplane graveyard.
11. What the what?! This seriously looks like a space alien.
The next one will haunt my dreams forever. Hit Next Page at your own risk…
12. “Oh hi guys…”
13. Umm, I’m not sure what to say here.
14. This dumpster full of mannequins the stuff of nightmares.
15. The whole town looks like this on Google Maps. That can’t be good.
16. Looks like a person dragging a dead body.
17. Shapes in the desert.
18. Just a guy pointing a shotgun at the Google Street View van.
19. So dystopian.
20. What could have caused this?
21. This is right before Big Foot comes out of the forest and eats you.
22. Since when are kids attacking Gumby? Freaky.
23. What happened here?
24. Something about these abandoned buildings is very unsettling.
25. Strange geometric art in the desert. I hope it’s not aliens.
26. Lying in wait…
27. I think it’s time to turn around.
Now I can add Google Maps to the list of things that I’m afraid of it. Some of these may be faked or planned…but honestly? Most of them give me serious chills.