Duct tape is a pretty amazing product. It’s so amazing, in fact, that it’s brought on all NASA flights, was originally made for the United States military in World War II, and is so popular that the amount sold each year could wrap around the Earth…over 12 times.
While most of us aren’t blasting off into space anytime soon, duct tape is still versatile enough to have around no matter what. If not to repair appliances and faulty furniture, then definitely to make awesome DIY projects! For creative duct tape inspiration, check out the 25 crafts below. From practical items to fashion statements, we’re not saying you should make all of them, we’re just saying that you can…
1. Make a wristlet for your keys.
Read the tutorial here.
2. Cover an old tote bag in duct tape to make it waterproof for the pool or beach.
3. Fashion a belt out of duct tape.
See how it’s done here.
4. Keep your drink cold with a duct tape koozie.
You can’t see it, but there’s bubble wrap on the inside of this DIY project.
5. You can make a dress form replica of your body with duct tape.
The process for making this is pretty involved.
6. Keep track of your credit or business cards with a DIY holder.
Read the instructions here.
7. I can’t say it’s the most comfortable option, but you can make outfits out of duct tape.
In fact, quite a few people have.
8. Cut out some duct tape feathers.
9. If your floor is in bad shape, cover it up with faux tiles made from duct tape.
10. Duct tape flowers are pretty and make cute party favors.
11. Upgrade your fridge with metallic duct tape stripes.
12. Low on ribbon? Tie up a gift with duct tape instead.
See how to make this cute bow here.
13. Make a heavy-duty messenger bag or laptop carrying case.
Read the instructions here.
14. This fruity purse is a fresh, fun take on the duct tape bag.
There’s no bag under there for the form. The entire thing is made of tape!
15. Make colorful, girly hair bows.
See how to make these here.
16. Save money at the hardware store and make a hammock instead of buying one.
This DIY is pretty impressive!
17. Jazz up any outfit with a duct tape top hat.
You can hardly tell this fashion statement is made of duct tape.
18. Cover cardboard boxes with duct tape to make a chic desk organizer.
This project is easy and useful!
19. Cover a light switch or outlet in duct tape to give it some flair.
20. Cut up pieces of duct tape to make mini garland banners.
These banners will last outdoors, as well, since duct tape is waterproof.
21. Make a sleek picture frame.
22. Use a spare zipper to make a toy pouch.
Or use it as a makeup bag.
23. Craft a trendy bracelet using duct tape and silver studs.
24. Wrap duct tape around water bottles, and you’ll never forget which one is yours.
25. Make a wallet out of duct tape.
All you need is a piece of cardboard to make this wallet stiff.
I love the way the refrigerator looks with gold duct tape stripes, but I’m not sure I’ll be making a duct tape dress form anytime soon. Which one of these projects struck your fancy?