I often joke with my parents that they achieved perfection the first time and that’s why I’m an only child.
All joking aside, I often think about what my life would be like if I had a younger brother or sister. On this National Siblings Day, I can’t help but wonder how I’d spend my time with a sassy mini-me.
I’ve come to adopt my friends’ siblings as my own, so I’m perfectly aware of the craziness that having brothers and sisters can entail. At times they can make you want to pull your hair out. But perhaps the most positive thing to come out of having a sibling or two is that they’ll stand by you through thick and thin. In a way, siblings are built-in best friends. Celebrate National Siblings Day with these cuties who prove that having brothers and sisters truly is a blessing.
1. Meeting a new baby brother or sister for the first time is one of the greatest life experiences.
2. These two can’t get enough of one another!
3. When things don’t go so well with your parents, it’s nice to know your brother’s got your back.
4. Can you blame this little girl for wanting her brother to stay little forever?
5. Your sister probably understands your sense of humor and isn’t afraid to look stupid using Snapchat filters.
6. Being brothers and best friends is all about learning to share.
7. “WAKE UP! We’ve got a whole day of sibling fun ahead of us!”
8. If you’re a parent, be sure to record all these precious sibling moments before they grow up. Who knows what’ll happen when teenage life hits?
9. This little gem is too precious for words, but it’s safe to say this little dude’s got one awesome sister!
10. It’s always great when Mom doesn’t even have to force them to get along!
11. The language of sibling love is universal!
12. The siblings that dance together, slay together!
13. Every once in a while, it’s nice to let your sibling know when you’ve had enough of their shenanigans.
14. A love like this is something I can only dream about.
15. Sometimes sibling love can be a bit rough, but know that it’s just because they care!
16. If you and your siblings can laugh at just about anything, you know you’re doing something right.
17. She can’t wait for her brother to come home from school so she can give him a big bear hug.
18. He’ll follow his brother to the ends of the Earth…or the wall.